1. Will there be food and drinks at the end?
Yes, we will have food and drinks for all participants at the end of the race. There will be AJ's Pizza and Tallgrass Beer (over 21 only). There will also be fruit. Free stuff is only for participants.
2. Where does the race start? Where does it end?
The race starts and ends in front of Tallgrass Taphouse at 320 Poyntz Ave, Manhattan, KS 66502.
3. Where does the course go?
The course stays mainly on Poyntz and City Park. Course maps are available here.
4. What if it rains?
We will run in the rain, cold or snow. However, if it is unsafe to run/walk, the race director reserves the right to cancel the race.
5. What if I am unable to attend? Can I get a refund?
There will be no refunds of registration fees for the race.
6. Is there a cap on the number of registrations?
There is no limit.
7. Do I have to register online? How do I verify my registration?
If you would rather register by mail, download the registration form by clicking here.
8. Where and when is packet pickup?
All participants will be able to pick up their bib numbers, timing chips and event shirts at the Manhattan Running Company at 1129 Garden Way, Manhattan KS 66502. See the packet pickup times on this page.
9. Where do I park on race day?
There will be ample parking at Manhattan Town Center Mall.
10. Will I be able to pick up my age group award on race day?
We will hand out the overall and age group awards for both the 10K and 5K after the race.
11. May I switch race distances after I register?
You can switch from the 10K to the 5K up through race day on August 6th. You can switch from the 5K to the 10K, but will need to pay the difference in price. To make changes prior to packet pickup, please email the race director.
12. What if my name is spelled wrong, my age is wrong, etc.?
No problem. Just email the race director to make the necessary changes to your registration.
13. I registered but can’t participate; can I still pick up my race shirt?
Yes. Please stop by and pick up your bib and race shirt at packet pickup (dates and times are on the Packet Pickup page). Shirts will NOT be mailed.
14. I won’t be able to participate. May I transfer my registration to next year or give it to a friend?
No. We’re sorry, but we do not allow you to transfer your registration for next year or to another person. There will be no refunds.
15. I have a friend who would like to volunteer. How can they help?
Please email the Race Director for information on ways to help.
16. Can a friend or family member pick up my packet?
Yes. Just be sure to let the participant know that you have picked up their packet to reduce confusion, as we will not be able to keep track of who picked up the packet.
17. I am traveling from out of town. Are there hotels nearby?
Visit the Hotel Information page for a list of several hotels within a few miles of the race.
18. What charitable organization will my participation benefit?
We are excited to partner with the Greater Manhattan Community Foundation. Visit our charity page for more information.
19. What will happen to items left behind on the race course?
We need to clean up the course quickly after the race. Items that are left behind will be picked up and taken to Manhattan Running Company. We will keep them for one week after the race. Anything left after that will be donated to charity.